Households who lost a breadwinner or caregiver to COVID-19 may be eligible for emergency cash assistance, through Montefiore’s Family Resilience Fund supported by the Robin Hood Foundation.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Family must be referred by a licensed clinician (physician, NP, PA, social worker, or psychologist)
- Death from COVID-19 of a breadwinner or caretaker in the household
- At least one child/youth/young adult age 26 or younger resides in and is financially dependent on the household
- Family is experiencing financial distress (e.g. difficulty paying for housing, food, utilities, health copays, significant financial debt)
- Family must reside in the Bronx, Lower Hudson Valley, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, or Manhattan.
Families that are referred will be assessed by a social worker to confirm eligibility.
For questions about the program, please email email@example.com