Message from NYC Mayor’s Community Affairs Unit
New York City public schools will be continuing academic instruction through Remote Learning for the rest of the school year. To keep students connected and able to learn from home, the DOE is lending internet-enabled iPads to students who are in need of a device.
Families that want to request a device should call DOE at 718-935-5100 and choose Option 5 on the menu for help getting a device with internet connection. Or, they can fill out the Remote Learning Device Request form at https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices. DOE will use the contact information provided on the form to reach out to the family to schedule delivery of the device.
Everyone who fills out a request form online, with a staff member, or over the phone, will be sent follow up emails and texts.
- Priority will be given to students most in need.
- All devices are granted on a temporary basis and will later need to be returned.
- There is a limit of one device per student.
- You must fill out a separate form for each student who needs a device.
- There is no need to call the DOE or 311 to check on the status of the device. We are getting the devices out as fast as we can, and are following processes to make sure our highest need families get them first.