BPHC’s next Project Advisory Committee (PAC) meeting will take place on Friday, June 8, from 9 – 11 a.m. Details to follow.
Leadership and Change Management Training
Part 1: Friday, May 4
Part 2: Friday, May 11
9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
CUNY on the Concourse
2501 Grand Concourse, 3rd Floor
Bronx, NY 10468
Leadership is essential to successful change initiatives and organizational success. This two-day training, designed for directors and managers in BPHC organizations, will examine areas critical to leadership success and implementing change. Course participants will explore leadership styles and what it takes to be both a manager and a strong leader in today’s healthcare environment. The format includes lecture, class discussion, and interactive and group activities.
Training Topics include:
- Leadership and Management
- Change Management
- Engagement and Motivation
- Personal and Situational Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Performance Coaching
To register, contact Maria D. Galafá, email@example.com or 646-773-2314. Provide the names, titles and e-mail addresses of staff members who you are registering. We will follow up with participants to confirm their attendance and provide any additional logistics.
This program is presented by Dr. Alan Cooper of The Tudor Advisory Group, BPHC Lean Program.
For questions about the program, please contact Mary Morris, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Value-Based Payment for Behavioral Health Providers
Monday, June 18
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
St. Barnabas Hospital
Auditorium – 1st Floor
4422 Third Avenue
Bronx, NY 10457
Parking is available.
Value Based Payment (VBP) training developed for behavioral health providers, presented by our partners at the NYU McSilver Institute for Poverty Policy and Research.
This is the second in three-part training module offered to all behavioral health providers who are members of Bronx Partners for Healthy Communities and Bronx Health Access (the PPS for Bronx Lebanon Hospital). (The first part took on Tuesday, March 27). The third part will be offered later in the year. (Agendas are below.)
Suggested participants: Organizational leaders, clinical leadership, frontline and administrative staff who will benefit from understanding how VBP arrangements will affect care delivery.
To RSVP, e-mail Rebekah Epstein at (REpstein@sbhny.org) or call her at 718.618.8238 with any questions.
Part 1 (March 27)
Basic competencies necessary to prepare staff in moving towards VBP, including:
- Overview of New York State VBP
- Overview of Behavioral Health Care Collaborative (BHCC) process
- Appropriate payment models
- Orientation to common risk sharing and gain sharing arrangements
- Financial basics of shared savings arrangements (FFS payment with upside only potential)
- Understanding of incentive alignment – DSRIP/VBP, efficiency /quality
Part 2 (June 18)
Functions that need to happen within an organization to be successful in a VBP environment.
- Basic overview of data and measurement infrastructure needs
- Review of VBP Contract types (Total Care of General Population, Integrated Primary Care with Chronic Bundle, special needs populations)
- Overview of MCO/VBP contractor funds flow
Part 3 (To be announced)
Outcomes – the metrics associated with DSRIP and the Value Based Payment Roadmap.
- Overview of VBP quality measures adopted to date
- Overview of DSRIP performance measures and how they apply to a VBP environment
- Understanding of quality metrics in Managed Care Organization (“MCO”) rate setting and provider bonus potential
- Basics of target performance setting